Agencia Chilena de Cooperación Internacional para el Desarrollo (AGCID) - Chile
Banco de Desarrollo de América Latina (CAF)
Comitato Internazionale per lo Sviluppo dei Popoli (CISP) - Italia
Departamento Nacional de Planeación (DNP) - Colombia
Mapping similar initiatives and projects to establish synergies
Description of the practice:
Identify and map initiatives related to the project's subject (even if these were not contemplated in the original approach) in order to create working synergies (take advantage of previous experiences) and avoid duplication.
In the case of the DIALOGAS project, synergies were created with actions carried out by the Development Bank of Latin America – CAF - on the same subject, in countries and with institutions not originally identified.
It is considered as a best practice as it facilitates synergies, avoids duplication of activities and maximizes the scope of cooperation. Therefore, by joining efforts to achieve the same objective, reinforced action is achieved.
- Increase the number of partners, collaborators, interested entities.
- Leverage additional resources to reinforce some project activities or add new ones.
- Take advantage of best practices from other institutions and countries.
The added value of Triangular Cooperation: (more information here)
1. Building ownership and trust.
2. Promoting complementarity and increasing coordination in development cooperation.
3. Sharing knowledge and learning jointly.
4. Co-creating solutions and flexibility.
5. Enhancing the volume, scope and sustainability of Triangular Cooperation
6. Achieving global and regional development goals through strengthened partnerships for sustainable development.