EXCHANGES BETWEEN PROJECTS
Edwin Darío Gómez
Coordinator of the business development component of the EDEM Project
Luz Ángela Medina
Coordinator of the Construction and Electric Energy Sector / Vice-Presidency of Business Strengthening of the Bogota Chamber of Commerce
Exchange of experiences between the EDEM and MIRADA CIUDADANA projects on entrepreneurship and business development, in Uruguay, to export the EDEM project experience to the scope of the MIRADA CIUDADANA project
Description of the exchange:
The Mission seeks to share the EDEM project experience with the municipalities of the Mirada Ciudadana project, in order to generate and strengthen the capacities of the local authorities and entrepreneurial leaders (so that they promote active policies for the development and strengthening of ecosystems and local entrepreneurial networks), of the Chambers or Associations (so that they provide better business development services) and especially to the communities of women entrepreneurs (so that they can improve the marketing strategies for their products).
- For local authorities and entrepreneurship leaders: to learn about models, tools and best practices for the support of entrepreneurship in Colombia and Mesoamerica that can be adapted to local entrepreneurship ecosystems.
- For business development entities: to learn about models of assistance for entrepreneurs in Colombia and Mesoamerica that can be adapted to local business development systems.
- For communities of women entrepreneurs: to learn about best practices and easily integrated tools that help them improve the design and marketing of their products.
Transversal consultancy, for the entire ADELANTE Programme.
Activities carried out specifically:
2nd International Meeting of Women Entrepreneurs of the Mirada Ciudadana Municipalities.
Forums for exchanges:
- 1. Entrepreneurship workshop with mayors, representatives of partner municipalities, women entrepreneurs, students and interested general public.
- 2. Workshop with the Cerro Largo Commercial and Industrial Centre.
- 3. Workshop with tertiary education professors and students in Uruguay and Brazil.
- Training materials used, and previously adapted, for the training days.
- Diagnostic document on the entrepreneurship ecosystem in the project area.
- Document of recommendations.
The Mission is very positively evaluated by the Mirada Ciudadana Project (technical team and partners):
The team of experts worked in a professional and committed way, with the willingness to meet a very intense agenda, with a high level of working hours, and a diverse and very demanding target audience. In particular, the targeted women of the Meeting said they valued their participation very positively, both in the training itself and in the exchange between them, sharing best practices from their territories. Finally, it will be interesting to keep in touch with these professionals in future actions or virutal and face-to-face meetings.
We value the support of the ADELANTE Programme - which is providing this mechanism -, of the EDEM project, and of the Bogota Chamber of Commerce for sending their representatives.