Poder Judicial de Costa Rica - Costa Rica
Escuela Judicial ”Rodrigo Lara Bonilla” - Colombia
Poder Judicial del Estado de México - México
Adapting project results to the country context to generate ownership
Description of the practice:
Adapting project results to the context of each country to encourage the necessary prominent role of all actors, making the most of the flexibility of Triangular Cooperation projects.
The project was able to adapt actions aimed at promoting and strengthening Restorative Justice to the contexts of Colombia and Mexico, as well as Costa Rica, by formulating differentiated activities and results, which in turn contributed to achieving their development goals.
The leadership of each country in the formulation of the project and in the implementation of its activities has been key to this exercise of differentiated results.
The coordination activity of the coordinating entity has been key to maintaining complementarity and consistency between the results and the orientation towards the specific goal.
Formulating differentiated results allows to:
- Create trust and promote responsibility among all partners.
- Increase the ownership of the partners and actors involved in each country.
- Improve the relevance of the solutions identified and the products obtained, also favouring their replicability.
- To ensure the sustainability of the project's benefits.
The added value of Triangular Cooperation: (more information here)
1. Building ownership and trust.
2. Promoting complementarity and increasing coordination in development cooperation.
3. Sharing knowledge and learning jointly.
4. Co-creating solutions and flexibility.
5. Enhancing the volume, scope and sustainability of Triangular Cooperation
6. Achieving global and regional development goals through strengthened partnerships for sustainable development.