Based on the very positive experiences of the meetings in Montevideo (October 2018) and Buenos Aires (March 2019), the Third Meeting of projects of the ADELANTE Programme was held in San José, Costa Rica, on 11, 12 and 13 November.
The Fifth International Meeting on Triangular Cooperation was held in Lisbon on 17 and 18 October, organized by the Development Cooperation Directorate of the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) and by the Camões - Institute for Cooperation and Language, with support from the Ibero-American Programme to Strengthen South-South Cooperation
Professor and Researcher María Aparecida Fernández, the technical expert of Universidade Estadual de Maringá, which is an associated entity of the Seda Project in Brazil, together with Researcher Daniel Caligari, from the same institution, participated in "The 25th International Congress on Sericulture & Silk Industry - Silk beyond the Textile", held from 19 to 22 November 2019 in Tsukuba, Japan.
- Héroes Fest, the second largest festival of entrepreneurship in Latin America created in Colombia, now also in Honduras.
- This space of entrepreneurship has been created by "Innpulsa Colombia", a company that opens borders and promotes spaces of economic development in the countries of Mesoamerica.
- In Héroes Fest, participants find different scenarios in which they acquire tools and knowledge to strengthen their entrepreneurial initiatives.
- Héroes Fest Honduras 2019 is held within the framework of the Project for Entrepreneurship and Business Development in Mesoa
The Portuguese University of Minho, from its Fibrenamics platform for research work on fibres, became part of the Seda Project as an associated entity. The relationships between the work teams of the House of Higher Education and the participating entities of the Project have been built for a long time through formal and informal meetings in which knowledge is exchanged regarding the use of natural fibres to develop innovative products in various sectors of the industry.
With a high level of participation from designers, textile industrialists and sericulture producers, a training day on sericulture was held at the INTI-Textiles Center, on 30 October from 9:30 to 12:30.
Ensayos en los laboratorios del CREA
Mr. Juan Rodriguez Martinez, technical referent of Casita de Piedra Cetcaser, which is a partner entity of the Seda Project in Mexico, carried out a training in primary production and improvement techniques of silkworm breeding at the CREA Institute of Padova, Italy, in October 2019.
Más 150 docentes recibieron capacitaciones sobre el manejo de producción sericícola en el aula
In October 2019, in the premises of the UBA Agricultural School, Experts from the National Institute of Agricultural Technology (INTA) gave a workshop on silkworm breeding in educational fields, with Green Schools and Teachers' Schools, from the Educational area of the CABA (Autonomous City of Buenos Aires). "More than 150 teachers from primary and secondary schools and gardens of the Federal Capital were trained," said Agricultural Engineer Francisco Pescio, INTA technical expert for the Silk Project.
- The closing of the Emprendetón event will take place on 24 October 2019; this initiative was designed and implemented by the management of Mentalidad y Cultura, Innpulsa Colombia, and is carried out in Honduras.
- This event is held within the framework of the Project of Entrepreneurship and Business Development in Mesoamerica - EDEM, as part of the European Union's ADELANTE Programme, and under the coordination of the Presidential Agency for International Cooperation, APC-Colombia.
- On this occasion, the Honduran Council of Private Enterprise (COHEP), through the
- Manizales Más and the Manizales SUMA University System carried out, from 22 to 24 October, the transfer of their "Entrepreneurship Route" Programme to eight universities in these three Mesoamerican countries.
- Three universities in Costa Rica are participating: Universidad Nacional, Universidad Estatal a Distancia and Universidad Latina. Three universities from El Salvador are participating: Universidad de Oriente, Universidad Francisco Gavidia and Universidad Don Bosco.