Agencia Chilena de Cooperación Internacional (AGCID) - Chile
Servicio Agricola y Ganadero (SAG) - Chile
Unidad de Laboratorios Centrales de Sanidad Agropecuaria (ULCSA), Ministerio de Agricultura (MINAG) - Cuba
Development of internships in both countries, as mechanisms for capacity building
Description of the practice:
Developing an internship programme between countries, involving top-level professionals to learn first-hand about best practices in each of the countries and thus encourage the transfer and assimilation of knowledge.
During the development of the "Contributing to food security for the population of Cuba" project, different internships were carried out in Chile and Cuba, focused on the various areas of intervention. In this context, the coordinating team was able to demonstrate that the training sessions generated opportunities for mutual learning and capacity strengthening.
Although the formulation of this initiative was carried out to transfer knowledge from Chile to Cuba, the development of internships served to enhance the exchange of experiences and knowledge between Cuban and Chilean specialists, further strengthening the skills and abilities of both technical teams. This also helped facilitate the transmission of information in a systematic and efficient manner.
- Sharing and replicating successful actions, minimizing the risk of repeating weaknesses or hindrances;
- Generating a network of support and collaboration between specialists, with expectations of remaining in time once the project is completed;
- Complementing training actions and strengthening capacity building;
- Contributing by generating institutional commitment beyond the coordinating teams, with active participation from technical professionals and obtaining transversal support for the project's implementation.
The added value of Triangular Cooperation (more information here)
1. Building ownership and trust.
2. Promoting complementarity and increasing coordination in development cooperation.
3. Sharing knowledge and learning jointly.
4. Co-creating solutions and flexibility.
5. Enhancing the volume, scope and sustainability of Triangular Cooperation
6. Achieving global and regional development goals through strengthened partnerships for sustainable development.