External Consultant for the RED CALLE Project
Study visit to the 14th European Research Conference on Homelessness held in Helsingborg to present the results of the research carried out within the framework of the project
Description of the visit:
Representatives of the Red Calle project presented experiences from the project at the "14th European Research Conference on Homelessness" held at the University of Lund in Helsingborg, Sweden. This mission facilitated the participation of one of the project's external consultants, who presented the results of the diagnostic process carried out within the framework of the project's activities.
- To present the results of the research carried out within the framework of the Red Calle project.
- To disseminate the objectives and scope of the Red Calle project in a central forum for debate on policies for homeless people, such as the conferences organised by the European Federation of National Organisations Working with the Homeless (FEANTSA)
- To expand the network of contacts that is essential for the future development of the Red Calle project; at this point, it is recalled that these congresses are being attended by researchers, public officials, members of civil society organisations, and other experts in the field of the phenomenon known as "homelessness".
- To learn more about the most recent approaches in the area of public policies for homeless people implemented by the various countries that make up the European Union.
- The subsequent transfer of the knowledge obtained, within the framework of the final conference, to the public officials of the six countries that are partners of the Red Calle project and through a Report written as a report of the participation in the activity.
Conference organised by FEANTSA at the Lund University in Helsingborg, Sweden: "14th European Research Conference on Homelessness"
- The main product consists of a text presented at the 14th European Research Conference on Homelessness.
- In turn, this forum of reflection served as input for the drafting of a report that was presented at the closing meeting of the project in the city of San José, Costa Rica, in October 2019.
- Additionally, a travel report of the mission will be prepared, where the actions, lessons learned, and main conclusions of the visit will be gathered.
The conclusions of the experience at the 14th European Research Conference on Homelessness are largely positive. It should be remembered that the philosophy that inspires the Red Calle project go hand in hand with a comparative approach aimed at rethinking national and local systems of care for homeless people in accordance with the best practices observed in other countries. In this way, the congresses organised by FEANTSA provide a place where social organisations, researchers and civil servants can meet each other and get familiar with the methods of public intervention towards homeless people in other countries, in order to become aware of the particularities of their respective programmes and intervention mechanisms. Participation in the conference allowed, among other things, the Red Calle project to gain visibility and to present the results achieved after two years of implementation. On the other hand, it was a good opportunity to incorporate a range of knowledge that will be passed on to the other members of the Red Calle project and expand the network of contacts, creating links that may prove to be essential for the continuity and consolidation of the project in the future.