Agencia Chilena de Cooperación Internacional para el Desarrollo (AGCID) - Chile
Banco de Desarrollo de América Latina (CAF)
Comitato Internazionale per lo Sviluppo dei Popoli (CISP) - Italia
Departamento Nacional de Planeación (DNP) - Colombia
Elaboration of thematic concept notes
Description of the practice:
Elaborate concept notes on the project's subject that can be disseminated in technical events/workshops and enrich a common knowledge base.
Within the framework of the DIALOGAS project, 5 workshops of great technical specificity were held. Prior to these workshops, a technician from the team was commissioned to prepare a concept note that was reviewed and validated during the workshops by the representatives of the institutions in each country. The comments resulting from the review were included in the outcome document, outlining experiences and future challenges on the technical issues addressed during the event.
The events (international seminars) that were held allowed to emphasise that, in addition to raising awareness of the subject and the contribution of the Transversal and Socio-emotional Competences (TSEC), it was necessary to develop mechanisms for the exchange of technical content (tools, knowledge, experiences, etc). The preparation of conceptual notes prior to the event and by a project technician allowed for a prior analysis of topics and experiences of interest. This contributed to making the most of the workshops held during the event, turning them into opportunities for networking and knowledge exchange.
- Concept notes consolidate technical contents and provide an overview of the process of analysis of specific cases in each of the Project countries.
- These notes stimulate the generation of technical knowledge, which helps strengthen and consolidate a network of inter-institutional collaboration and exchange.
The added value of Triangular Cooperation: (more information here)
1. Building ownership and trust.
2. Promoting complementarity and increasing coordination in development cooperation.
3. Sharing knowledge and learning jointly.
4. Co-creating solutions and flexibility.
5. Enhancing the volume, scope and sustainability of Triangular Cooperation
6. Achieving global and regional development goals through strengthened partnerships for sustainable development.