Technical Coordinator, SEDA Project
Study visit to the ITMA Textile and Garment Technology Exhibition, in Barcelona, to learn more about the latest fibre processing technologies
Description of the visit:
It is of great importance for the project to monitor the latest technologies developed for the processing of fibres, as well as making contact with different R&D institutions in the world and with the suppliers of various technologies. To this end, a visit to the largest global Textile and Garment Technology Exhibition (ITMA) was held, this time oriented towards innovation and sustainability.
- Technological update on innovative and sustainable textile processes and products that can be applied to the SEDA project and transferred to its members.
- To link actors from the academic world and suppliers with members of the project.
- To provide dissemination and visibility on the project's characteristics and actors to the world of fibres and textile processes.
ITMA Textile and Garment Technology Exhibition in Barcelona (20 - 25 June).
- Reports on the state of the art in textile technology
- Report of the visit.
- Knowledge transfer on the main trends presented at the Exhibition at the Seminar on "Technological Innovation in the Textile Sector", INTI Auditorium, Buenos Aires (Argentina), 21 August 2019.
- Dissertation on axes for textile development within the framework of the "World Trends in Sericulture 2019 Conference", INTI-Textiles Centre Hall, Buenos Aires (Argentina), 4 September 2019.
Technological update transmitted to the reference countries and to producers, craftsmen and the industry:
- Global Trends in Sericulture Day 2019: Technical experts of the SEDA Project from Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Cuba and Ecuador met on 4 September 2019, at the INTI-Textiles Centre, to share knowledge and views on current trends in the production and commercialisation of silk and textiles as well as on the future of the sector. Experts from INTI and INTA Argentina, EEPFIH from Cuba, UEM from Brazil and INTI-FAUBA from Argentina presented data gathered from visits to congresses, exhibitions and training sessions held in India, Italy, Portugal, Spain and Brazil.
- Participation on 21 August 2019 in the meeting "Technological Innovation in the Textile Sector" held at INTI with the attendance of 200 company representatives.
The participation in the ITMA Textile and Garment Technology Exhibition allowed sharing with companies and technologists from Argentina, as well as with representatives of the project, valuable information about state of the art in textile technology. The mission allowed to monitor the latest technologies developed for fibre processing as well as to make contact with different R&D institutions in the world and with suppliers of the various technologies.